List of publications, contests etc that accept submissions. Focus is primarily Indian/Asian
Cha Journal – Hong Kong-based Asian Literary Journal – Can submit reviews of listed books, or submit own book for review
- Laughter anthology
- No submission fee
- If selected, publishing fee of Rs1000/-;
- Theme – funny anecdotes
- Deadline – 30th September 2020
- Word limit – Between 1000- 2000 words
- Payment – 75% royalties divided among contributing authors;
- Other benefits – Your Write-up, Bio and Picture are printed inside the book; Build your Author Brand with our social media handles; Get your own dedicated Inkfeathers Author Page; Lifetime Membership in the Inkfeathers Community
- Laughter anthology
- Nocturnal Sirens Publications – Scary Snippets Campfire Edition!
What stories will you bring to the campfire? What we are looking for: For this collection, we want to harness both the terrors of camping as well as urban legends involving the outdoors.
- OPENS: July 27th Closes: September 1st or WHEN FULL
- Releases: September 23rd
- Word Count: 300 Minimum – 1,000 Max
- Pay is 70% of royalties are divided among contributing authors. Simultaneous submissions are allowed.
- D&T Publishing – After the Kool-Aid is Gone
- Theme – Political horror;
- No fee
- Submission dates: 8/1/20 – 8/31/20
- 3,000 – 5,000 word count; formatting guidelines on site
- Acceptance emails will be sent out no later than 9/6/20 for an October release.
- Payment – $10 per accepted story.
- Caravan –
Submission for Caravan – Done
After the successful launching of Aulos: An Anthology of English Poetry, now there is a call from another vista. CARAVAN seeks submissions from you, particularly on Travel narratives and magisterial Monsoon. Send us in Poems, Short poems (Haiku, Limerick etc.), Nonsense verses, Micro tales, Short stories, Essays, Travelogues, Diaries, Photo essays exclusively on Travel writings and magical Monsoon experiences. We are also making spaces for Photographs (black & white) and Sketches (Only black) focusing on the same themes.Submission portal will remain open from July 12, 2020 to August 12, 2020
All submissions must be in English
This E-book with ISBN will be available on Amazon Kindle and Google BooksPaperback will only be available on Amazon.comUpload your submission/s in the portal following the website: www.mississippibooks.co.in/submission
- Juggernaut writing contests
- Story Mirror – Writing prompts
- KDP Pen to Publish Awards – not yet announced for 2020. For 2019, the dates were:
You need to publish your entry as an eBook via KDP between 15th September 2019 and 14th December 2019. Short form (2000 words to 10000 words); Long form (> 10,000 words)
- Wasafiri – Entry charges
- Indie Reader – Self published book awards
- Kitaab – Short stories anthology – Closed on May 30, 2020
- Commonwealth Short Story Prize – Ended for 2020 (2000 to 5000 words)
- Bath Short Story Award – Closed for 2020 (Maximum length is 2,200 words)
- The Society of Classical Poets – Contests page – Multiple contests – Starbucks Sonnet Contest open till October 1, 2020
- Kanstellation Submissions Page – Poems/Prose
- The Rumpus – Submissions page – Rumpus Original Fiction reading periods are January 1 through January 31 and July 1 through July 31; Rumpus Original Poetry reading periods are January 15 through January 31 and July 15 through July 31.
- The Margins: Asian American Writers’ Workshop
- Southword Journal
- The Society of Classical Poets
- The Aerogram
- Indian Literature (Sahitya Akademi)
- Oxford Brookes Poetry Center, UK
- Oxford Brookes University International Poetry Contest, ESL category
- Gregory O’Donoghue International Poetry Competition
- RL Poetry Award
- BLInk (Saturday Magazine of Hindu BusinessLine)
- The Hindu – Open Page – Sample – https://www.thehindu.com/opinion/open-page/burqa-on-wheels-a-new-urban-phenomenon/article6920211.ece
E-mail the article to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tips
If your article is used, it will be published either online or in print within 2–3 weeks.
- Swarajya – Usually take 3-4 days to reply to your mails, and as a beginner your articles will be published online. Remuneration only to those on their regular roster. – Submission guidelines
- Outlook India – online edition – submission – They showcase their website-only articles in the magazine too.
- The Caravan – submission guidelines – The Caravan focuses on ‘deeper’ reports.
- Fountain Ink
- The Quint – Accepts unsolicited submissions through emails
- The Wire – Accepts unsolicited submissions
- The Citizen – Accepts unsolicited submissions
- Scroll- Accepts unsolicited submissions